Friday, January 14, 2011

Is the Fridge Half-Empty or Half-Full?


Okay folks, first of all you know you're thirty when all you have in your fridge is left over alcohol from the holidays.
I think this was against the law of the 20s.
So I have de-carbed by house now. For all of you who know me well you know I have been hitting the gym hard however you must be mindful of WHAT you put in your body as well.
I set up a meal plan today and got it approved by my trainer friend.
Breakfast:
Protein Smoothie
(1 &1/2 cups of fruit: Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana and a scoop of protein powder. 1 cup of 1% milk).
Midday snack:
2 egg omelet with jalapeno and perhaps a slice of cheese)
2 slices of turkey bacon
Lunch:
Green salad with chicken breast or tuna.
I'm going to add tomatoes and mushrooms.
String cheese
Snack:
1/4 cup of almonds (no salt)
celery
Maybe an apple
Dinner:
Steak/chicken/fish/turkey burger and a fresh/frozen veggie.
On this low carb diet my trainer said to not buy anything over 2 carbs per serving. He said to avoid strawberries, apples, carrots, honey, milk (but I'm cheating in that) and a few other things.
That wasn't too difficult since I already knew the foods I wanted to buy however soy anything besides Morningstar link sausage is out of that category. I did buy apples because I love them.
I did sneak a loaf of wheat bread into my cart and some wheat tortilla's for when I need to make one of my special pizzas. I purchased some fatty hot chicken wings for when I need a fattening snack but even that has no carbs.
So we'll see how this goes.
I think this plan is actually a lot healthier than I usually eat and I think bumping up the animal protein will be good for me. Sorry vege-friends. As you can see above I really won't be starving.
Well, I've kept 4 pounds off 76 to go.
Two weeks and I already sleep better and I can feel my calves and thigh muscle mass increasing. This weekend I'll be focusing on the abs. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment